National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
Exclusive Offer 🔥
Download Your FREE Webinar: Corrective Exercise Myths and FAQs
The Most Respected Name in Fitness Certifications
For over 30 years, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and the Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) have led the way in certifying personal trainers and group fitness instructors around the globe. They have helped thousands of people in over 100 countries establish fulfilling careers in health and fitness, and positively impact the lives of millions. They also enjoy partnerships with some of the world’s top fitness brands, health clubs, and academic institutions.
Explore some of NASM/AFAA’s most popular programs:
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Learn the fundamentals of personal training: exercise science, performing assessments, and developing evidence-based, safe, and effective programs for clients of all ages and abilities.
- NASM-Certified Nutrition Coach
- Take a deep dive into the world of nutrition science, behavior change strategies, and proven coaching techniques to promote healthier eating habits and drive lasting health results.
- AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Move to the front of the class! Obtain the foundational knowledge needed to lead safe and effective group fitness classes.
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialization
- Dig deeper into how movement patterns can lead to muscle imbalances and compensations – learn how to effectively train clients to improve these and avoid injury.
How NASM Can Help Your Business
NASM and AFAA provide progressive career pathways to elevate today’s fitness professionals.
Their courses were developed using the proprietary Optimum Performance Training™ (OPT™) model, a system based on scientific, evidence-based research, empowering trainers to maximize their skills and abilities and help their clients excel beyond their expectations, all while improving their career opportunities.
NASM develops the most successful personal trainers in the fitness industry. Their CPT program provides the most scientifically accurate information, all delivered on their new, revolutionary digital learning platform. To become one of the best, most respected, and highest-paid personal trainers, it’s as simple as getting certified online with NASM.
When you enroll in an AFAA Group Fitness Program, you’re gaining the benefit of decades of experience in preparing the best instructors in the industry. For generations, they’ve provided those in their programs with the practical skills and hands-on experience needed to inspire and motivate class participants to lead happier and healthier lives. As times have changed, AFAA has too – adopting a world-class online learning platform for studying and getting certified.
Adding a fitness specialization to your body of knowledge can positively shape the future of your business. Advanced credentials are a great way to share your passion for fitness with others. It also has the potential to increase your client roster, your employment opportunities, and your income. In addition, specializations provide valuable CEUs for recertification.
As an NPE member, you can save 40% on the NASM/AFAA education program of your choice* using promo code NPE40! Explore your options at nasm.org or call 1 (800) 460-6276 to discuss a customized education plan.
*Terms and conditions apply. Excludes NASM Elite, AFAA Elite, NASM EDGE, Life Time Academy programs, Master Trainer Summit, Recertification, & Exam Only programs. Cannot be combined with other offers.