The 30 Day Social Media Challenge
By Sean Greeley
You’ve got a powerful force in the palm of your hand.
Through your mobile phone, you can connect and engage with all the prospective clients (and current ones) needed to reach your business goals…. in less than one minute.
Think about that for a moment.
Not too long ago we had to snail mail.
All of which take time to craft messaging and copy, and once you send a message, you’ll be waiting for a response (often for days).
But post on social media or send them a note via text message… you can expect a response in seconds (or minutes at worst case).
Rather than debate about the effects this is having on our society, the facts are social media has fundamentally changed the way we communicate and engage with others.
And you can use this power for good to grow your community and client base… quickly!
Yet a lot of fitness professionals and business owners “freeze up” when it comes time to try and connect and engage.
How Should You Talk to People Online?
What Should You Say?
There are endless things to talk about and engage your prospects.
You don’t have to “freeze up” when coming up with ideas on content or messaging.
In fact, we’re going to challenge you to commit to making a post once a day, every day, for 30 days.
Don’t worry about being perfect, just commit to do it.
And have fun with this.
Share your personality, and don’t be boring!
Here are 30 ideas to keep the content flowing out across all your social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
And be sure to make Facebook a priority as your primary social media channel (especially if your clients are over the age of 25).
30 Ideas for 30 Days
1. Take a picture of your facility or gym
2. Post a fill-in-the-blank
3. Share your story (why did you get into fitness?)
4. Share something popular in health and fitness news
5. Share an attention grabbing statistic
6. Take a picture of your favorite healthy meal, explain the benefits
7. Post a workout, explain why you programmed it that way
8. Share some inspiration
9. Highlight a client of the month
10. Ask your audience a multiple choice question
11. Share something about an event you recently attended
12. Share something about a community event you’re looking forward to
13. Share something funny
14. Share someone else’s content
15. Share a TBT
16. Interview a client
17. Introduce your newest employee(s) and share their story
18. Answer a question
19. Welcome a new client to your business
20. Create a video, featuring clients in your business
21. Record a video sharing your favorite exercises
22. Share a picture of your daily “food log”
23. Share a healthy recipe
24. Correct a misconception about fitness that most clients don’t get the first time around
25. Share a book you’re reading and why you like it
26. Give a shout out to another local business you love
27. Post something to celebrate a company milestone, anniversary, etc.
28. Cross-promote your other social media channels to increase follows and “surround” your prospect and client community everywhere
29. Ask people to join your mailing list
30. Thank your clients for their support
There you have it.
30 ideas for 30 days. And you don’t have to stop there.
When you find something that’s working well, do more of it and keep going.
Get 10+ New Clients From Facebook
Content is king, and building relationships is everything.
But likes and friends don’t pay the bills.
So don’t stop there.